For ShareASale accounts, Affluent uses the account’s Merchant ID, API Token, and API Secret Key. In addition, you need to check IP Address table.
- How to find the Merchant ID, API Token, and API Secret Key
- Connect a ShareASale program
- Troubleshooting problems connecting a ShareASale program
How to find the Merchant ID, API Token, and API Secret Key
- Log in to the program's ShareASale account.
- On the left-hand side of the page, under the merchant name, you will see the Merchant ID.
- Navigate to the Merchant API page (Tools > Merchant API).
- The Token and API Secret will be listed at the top of the page.
- In the IP Address table, you will need to change the value in the drop down to "Require IP address match only for version 1.1 and lower."
- Affluent requires a minimum of 400 available API requests per month to integrate with ShareASale. At the top of the "Report Requests" table, you will see how many requests your account is allowed. If this number is less than 400, or it is higher than that, but the API is being used by any other program, please contact Affluent support for assistance.
Connect a ShareASale program
- Enter the Merchant ID, API Token, and API Secret Key (instructions above).
- Include a Nickname (optional).
- Click "Connect".
It may take as long as an hour to start seeing data appear and several days before all your historical data is collected. ShareASale has monthly API limits that reduce the speed at which Affluent can pull in historical data. If you have questions regarding API limits and pulling in historical data, contact us via the Contact Support button in Affluent.
Troubleshooting problems connecting a ShareASale program
If you are unable to connect a ShareASale account, check that the IP Address Table has been updated. It must be set to Require IP address match only for version 1.1 and lower."