Some platforms offer APIs that Affluent can use. For platforms without APIs, Affluent uses the program's username and password to pull in data.
Affluent requires a log in for each program. Connecting an agency account, with access to multiple programs, will NOT work.
NOTE: These instructions reflect the steps for the updated agency login (as of November 2020). If you have not yet updated your Rakuten/Linkshare account to an agency account, please complete that, then follow the steps below.
How to set up a New User in Rakuten
1. Log into your Rakuten / Linkshare agency account with your new username/password
2. In the top right-hand corner, click on your account:
3. Select the advertiser you wish to connect
4. Ensure that the correct advertiser is showing in the top right-hand corner on of the page
5, Click on Account > Users & Permissions
6. On the Account tab 'Add a New User' for Affluent. The account must have access permission to Publishers, Links, Offers, Reports, Placements, and Transactions.
NOTE: Please ensure that you record your username and password. This will not be available again on any screen.
Connecting to Affluent using the new user
- Enter Rakuten / LinkShare username and password specific to the program (not the agency account).
- Select the program's timezone (usually GMT).
- Include the network fee as a percentage of commission or revenue (optional).
- Include a Nickname (optional)
- Click "Connect."
It may take as long as an hour to start seeing data appear and several days before all your historical data is collected.
Rakuten / Linkshare Network Fees
Rakuten / Linkshare charges a network fee, generally, this is a percentage of the sale amount or the publisher commission. The charge is usually invoiced separately. Rakuten / Linkshare does not report these fees at the transaction level. The only way to show network fees in Affluent at the transaction level is to add this information when you connect the program.
If you don't include a network fee when you connect the account, it won't be reported. If you enter a value, the network fee will be calculated based on the sale value or commission rate, providing transaction-level network fees.
Network Commission Rates/Fees cannot be added retroactively at the transaction level. You can add fees retroactively in the Agency & Non Reported Network Fees. Fees added via the fees section will appear as one-off charges, e.g. $500 on a single day.
How to Add Rakuten / Linkshare Network Fees Retroactively
To add Rakuten / Linkshare fees at the transaction level to a program that has already been connected, you must disconnect the program, delete the data, and reconnect the program with the correct fees.
Deleting the data and reconnecting it will mean that all the program's data is deleted and you will have to wait for it to be re-pulled in order to see data again (this time with the network fees).
If it is a large program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org before disconnecting the program.
For more information check out Disconnecting and Deleting an Account/Platform.