Affluent connects with Awin, using the program's API key and merchant ID. It's important to set the time zone when connecting an Awin brand.
- Connecting an Awin program
- How to find an Awin API key and Merchant ID
- How to find the currency of an AWIN program
- How to identify and change an Awin timezone
Connecting an Awin program
- Enter the API key (instructions below).
- Select the Region and the Timezone (instructions below). Choose the timezone that the Awin account was set up in. It is important to select the correct timezone otherwise there may be a difference between how the data is displayed in Awin and Affluent.
- Enter the Merchant ID.
- Include a Nickname if you would like, and click "Connect."
- If you have multiple programs connected to the account, Affluent will show a window asking you which program(s) you would like to connect.
It may take as long as an hour to start seeing data appear and several days before all your historical data is collected.
How to find an Awin API key and Merchant ID
- Log in to the program's Awin account.
- The Merchant ID shows next to the merchant name in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- The API key is stored on the API Credentials page.
- Enter the password again and then click "Show my API token", API key will be displayed in the OAuth2 Token field.
How to find the timezone of an Awin program
To find the timezone of an Awin program either reach out to your AWIN contact point or connect the program (in the time zone you think the platform is run in) and then follow the instruction below for: How to identify and change an Awin time zone.
How to identify and change an Awin timezone
If you don't know the timezone of an Awin program or if the program was connected to Affluent with the wrong time zone, these instructions will walk you through identifying the time zone and then changing it in the Brand Manager.
First you need figure out which timezone Awin reports in. After that you can disconnect and delete the original data. Then reconnect the platform with the correct timezone. Here's a step by step guide:
- Type the name of the brand in to the Affluent search bar and select that brand to view the Brand Overview.
- Click on 'Transactions' in the breadcrumb menu at the top of the page.
- On the transactions page, scroll down and identify a single transaction. Find a single transaction that the happened around the middle of the day. Note down the details, time, amounts, order ID etc.
- Log in to Awin and navigate to Reports > Transactions, and find the same transactions as you identified in Affluent. Usually Order ID is the best way to do this.
- Look at the Awin timestamp and Affluent timestamp (for the same transaction), and work out the time difference/zone. For example if the transaction happened in Awin at 11.30 am but is showing in Affluent at 4.30 pm. There is a +5 hours difference which means that Affluent was set up in GMT but Awin reports in EST (+5).
- Once you've identified the timezone (in the example EST). Disconnect the platform and delete the data. If you are unsure at any point, please contact support before deleting any data.
- Reconnect the platform, like the first time, but this time set the date range. Affluent will now pull in all the brand's data with the correct timestamp.