Filters can be applied to reports to determine what data is included or excluded. Affluent enables you to filter by all categories. For example you can set a report to only include a single brand, to exclude a certain publisher, or for all creatives that contain the word "spring."
To apply a filter:
- Select the report you want to filter.
- In the top right (under the save buttons), click "+Add a New Filter."
- A window will open, select the category you wish to filter by and the specific values.
- Click "Apply Filter" this will close the window
- For the data to be updated you need to click "Run Report."
Note, if you save a report with a filter and then add it to a dashboard, the filter will still be active. If you want to use a report in multiple reports, it may be best to apply a Dashboard Filters.
Applying a filter at the report level before adding it to a dashboard can be useful, for example if you want to create a dashboard for a brand that operates on a number of different platforms, you can apply a report level filter to only include data from a single network. This will allow you to show the performance of that brand on just a single network, or compare the performance of the brand across its different platforms.